Thursday, 19 February 2009

To Twitter or not to Twitter??

. Conservative Home has this discursive piece asking how productive Twittering is for councillors. I have to say that Twittering is something that has never really caught with me; thus far on here the only real time I used it was the Barack Obama election night. Perhaps the most persuasive response for Twitter was from Paul Scully, a Conservative councillor with a majority of 85;

"I know that Council officers and other politicians read it. I also know that journalists from the local papers, the BBC and the Evening Standard read it, so several stories have been picked up with minimal effort."

Above that however Cllr Henry Lamprect wonders 'what on earth' councillors would have to blog about. Several people make the point that it is no replacement for face-to-face contact which surely would be a given but overall the responses are mainly positive. Going back to my original position though I do wonder if Twittering adds much to blogging as a blogger? I can see the merits for a councillor but apart from bloggers who have big personal followings is Twittering all it cracked up to be??

1 comment:

Oranjepan said...

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to advertise my local review of this debate here.