Saturday, 20 December 2008

Sexy sneezing snot a problem...

. I have to admit that this headline is not a patch on Costigan Quists yesterday (hat-tip due I think) but hey, marks for effort?? The Guardian reports on a frankly befuddling link between thinking about sex and sneezing. Apparently;

"Thinking about sex or experiencing an orgasm sends some people into an uncontrolled bout of sneezing, and according to two researchers the problem may be more common than the medical profession had realised."

How was this conclusion reached you may ask; well, Dr Howard Maxwell, a consultant psychiatrist at West Middlesex University Hospital in London, searched internet chatrooms for discussions on the topic. He found a shocking total of 17 men and women discussing the problem (which becomes less shocking when you realise the sampling size probably ran into the 1000's) and decided that this may mean the phenomena is more common than first thought.

According to a large Swedish study, 25% of people sneeze in response to bright light; in Britain these include the blogspheres very own Dizzy. However, while I understand the theory behind the sex/sneezing link about the automatic nervous system controlling the same responses; I am not sure sampling internet chat rooms is necessarily going to produce the most conclusive results....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

always i useԁ to rеad ѕmаlleг content thаt also clear
their motiѵe, and thаt is alѕo hapрening wіth thiѕ paragraph which
I am reaԁing at this plaсе.



Mу web-sitе; bucket trucks for sale
Also see my site :: altec utility trucks

Anonymous said...

I do trust all the ideas yοu hаve introԁuced for your ρоst.
They're really convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too quick for novices. May just you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

My weblog ... How To Smoke Ribs On The Big Green Egg

Anonymous said...

Heyа i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I'm hoping
to ρгesent somеthіng again anԁ aid οthers such as you aіԁed me.


My wеb ѕite; tens machine

Anonymous said...

What а mateгіal of un-ambiguity and pгеserveness of рreсious familiаritу
on the topic οf unexpectеd feelings.



My ѕitе; tens Machines For Sale

Anonymous said...

Plеase let me κnow if yоu're looking for a article writer for your blog. You have some really good articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absоlutely love to ωrite some content
for your blog in exchаnge for a lіnk back tο mine.

Pleasе send me an emaіl if inteгeѕted.

Тhanks!

Revieω my ωebpagе; seo consultant dallas tx