Thursday, 6 November 2008

Party elections; time for e-voting??

. Obviously I have a vested interest in this question since my lack of ballot papers has denied me a say in the elections for the Party president and elections for FPC, FCC etc. Now, being totally honest I have moved well beyond the being cheesed off stage with this and am defiantly at the cheese, wine and doing the limbo stage.

Having said that there is a central point here, namely; ITS TIME TO ALLOW E-VOTING IN PARTY ELECTIONS. It is quite simple to set-up and check against a central member database so why don't we do it?? It means that people like me won't end up without a vote because something went wrong in the seething bureaucracy at Cowley Street....it's empowering and a democratic measure...so...how about it??

2 comments:

Wayland said...

It puts vote counting in the hands of those who have technical knowledge and access to the machine. We must assume that some type of fraud will be attempted. However it's impossible to prove, that's why these machines are loved my governments.

Darrell G said...

Forms of voting will always be in danger of manipulation...safeguards could be put in place...